Independent Trustee Services – Entrust
Entrust is an independent pension scheme trustee company operated by our Pensions lawyers and led by a team of four directors.
Entrust acts as an independent trustee to all kinds of occupational pension schemes. Founded in 1994, we have established a strong reputation for our collaborative and constructive approach to trusteeship and achieved positive outcomes for over 100 pension schemes with more than 20,000 members.
What Entrust can do?
Pension schemes are built on relationships. Entrust work collaboratively with employers, trustees, advisers and members to improve the way that schemes are run. This allows employers to focus on running their businesses, enables trustees to make more informed decisions and gives members comfort that their benefits are in safe hands.
We take a team-based approach to our work. All appointments are led by a designated Scheme Director who takes personal responsibility for the delivery of our services, and each scheme benefits from the experience and specialist knowledge of all team members.
We have particular expertise in:
- sole corporate trustee;
- trustee board appointments;
- non-associated multi-employer schemes;
- special projects; and
- secretarial and advisory services.
Why appoint an Independent Trustee?
Many defined benefit schemes have become legacy issues for companies. The increased level of regulation and complexity in recent years has led to defined benefit schemes becoming difficult to efficiently manage – which means they’ve become a drain on the management resources of many UK businesses.
In this environment, employees are more reluctant to accept the onerous personal responsibilities that come with acting as a trustee of such schemes.
Why appoint Entrust?
Pension scheme members, employers and fellow trustees will benefit from:
- Strong governance – all our procedures are externally audited by an independent firm;
- Collaborative approach – we work with employers, trustees and advisers in the best interests of members;
- Commerciality – we work to achieve viable solutions for employers, which also safeguard members’ interests;
- Pragmatism – we embrace flexible thinking, rather than dogmatic principles, to deliver the best possible service to members and employers.
We pride ourselves on offering an innovative, friendly and team-based approach to pensions trusteeship – and we look forward to speaking with you soon.