- Location: Manchester
- Email: Rod Waldie
- Direct Telephone: +44 (0) 161 836 7760
- Direct Fax: +44 (0) 161 836 7701
- Mobile: +44 (0) 7780 604 896
Rod leads a team of real estate lawyers handling a mixture of work made up of investment acquisitions, disposals and estate management, development and landlord & tenant (mainly within the retail and leisure sector).
Rod works closely with relevant specialists in our corporate, tax, banking and planning teams. He is also the Managing Partner of our Manchester office.
Rod is a keen runner and sometime squash player. He enjoys watching all sports and is a supporter of Liverpool Football Club.
Rod has recently led teams advising on:
- A substantial portfolio acquisition by a high street betting office operator.
- A supermarket, hotel and healthcare anchored mixed use redevelopment in Salford, Greater Manchester.
- New-build and housing regeneration projects of substantial sites in Salford in quasi-joint venture with the local authority.
- Housing regeneration projects in north Manchester.
- The sale of a multi-let retail-anchored site in central Manchester.
- The sale of two large residential ground rent portfolios.
- The separate sales of freehold and long leasehold interests in a landmark hotel and residential tower in central Manchester.
- The acquisition of a substantial waterfront redevelopment site in Greenwich, London.
- The acquisition of three strategic redevelopment sites in central Manchester.