- Location: Leeds, London,
- Email: Nicholas Emmerson
- Direct Telephone: Leeds +44 (0) 113 218 2489 | London +44 (0) 207 653 1624
- Mobile: +44 (0) 7920 060 159
A partner in Gateley’s national Corporate team, Nick specialises in mergers & acquisitions, private equity and equity capital markets. He acts for a wide range of corporate clients from Yorkshire to the USA to North-East Asia. Nick is qualified to practice law in England and Wales, the State of California, Hong Kong and the Republic of Ireland.
Nick predominately works on transactions involving UK and international companies investing in the UK and UK companies investing overseas.
In Tokyo, he was a founding member of the Tokyo office of a large international law firm. Nick speaks Japanese and spent time on secondment at a global Japanese trading company.
He was the founding partner of the Hong Kong office of another large international law firm. Nick also managed the Shanghai office and worked with clients on investments both to and from China.
- Council Member representing the Leeds area for the Law Society of England and Wales
- Director of Leeds Law Society
- Liveryman of the City of London Solicitors’ Company
- Served on the City of London Law Society committee
- Inaugural chairman of the British-Korean Law Association
- Served on the steering committee of the UK-Korea Forum for the Future
Nick enjoys all equestrian sports.