- Location: Manchester
- Email: Darren Hughes
- Direct Telephone: +44 (0) 161 836 7730
- Direct Fax: +44 (0) 161 836 7701
- Mobile: +44 (0) 7920 218 082
Darren is a partner in the Real Estate team and has experience in dealing with all aspects of commercial real estate work including real estate finance.
He acts for a wide range of occupiers, developers, investors and banks on site acquisitions, disposals, day-to-day property management and real estate finance.
Darren supports Liverpool FC. He enjoys spending time with his family, skiing, hill walking and running (he completed his first ever marathon in London in April 2011).
- Advised a major tyre and exhaust retailer dealing with all aspects of new centre acquisitions, disposals and property management.
- Advised a property company on the acquisition of a development site in Staffordshire for office and industrial use and the associated development and grant funding agreements.
- Advised on the real estate aspects of the £46 million disposal of the Pontins holiday centres to Ocean Parcs Limited.
- Advised Bank of Scotland Plc on the real estate aspects of the £410 million refinancing of Peel Holdings Plc’s landmark “Mediacity” development in Salford.
- Advised Betfred on the property aspects of the £265 million acquisition of the Tote.
- Advised Lloyds TSB and Handelsbanken in connection with the property aspects of the £110 million refinancing of the petrol station portfolio of Euro Garages Limited.